Wondering how to use masterbuilt electric smoker? If your answer is yes, then you have come to the right place.
There is no doubt that the Masterbuilt electric smoker makes cooking extremely easy and efficient. But if you have recently got yourself the smoker, you may find a hard time getting started with it.
But not to worry, in this article, I will be sharing a step by step guide on use masterbuilt electric smoker. So let’s just head into the guide without wasting much of the time:
How to use masterbuilt electric smoker?
Step 1: Season Your Smoker
One of the first steps that you need to do is season your masterbuilt electric smoker before you actually use it.Also, as it is an electronic smoker. As a result, the seasoning process is different from the charcoal smoker. Plus, you will need to make sure that all the oil, dust, and other substance present because of the manufacturing in the smoker is burnt off. Although, many users use machine oil for this job. But it would not be the healthiest option. Instead, try these steps:
- At first, make sure all the smoker equipment, such as the water box and other things, are in their place. Also, ensure that there is no water in the pan.
- Next, plug the electric smoker into an electric socket and switch it on.
- Now you have to set the temperature to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once you are done setting up the temperature, set the timer to three hours or 180 minutes.
- Then, add a cup of wood chips in the loading tray in the last 45 minutes to finish the smoker’s pre-seasoning process.
- Once three hours are over, let it cool down by switching it off, and your smoker is ready to be used for the first time.
Step 2: Prepare Your Meat
Next, you have to get your meat ready. The meat ready process completely depends on the recipe you are making. Different recipes require different ingredients for seasoning and different marinating times.
So prepare your meat according to the recipe. Also, I would personally recommend you to marinate your meat for at least a few hours. So you can get the best flavors out of it.
Step 3: Switch On The Smoker For Preheating
Before you start cooking, you need to preheat your smoker. For this, you will need to follow these steps:
- First, put wood chips on a cold smoker before you switch it on.
- Then preheat the smoker for 45 minutes before you start cooking.
- Next, add half a cup of wood chips at one time.
- Then add in other half cups once the first batch stops producing smoke.
- Also, do avoid adding foil on the racks as it prevents proper heat circulation.
Step 4: Set the Perfect Cooking Temperature
Now you need to set your smoker to the perfect cooking temperature. Different dishes require different cooking temperatures. However, if you ask me, then the perfect temperature to cook meat and fish is 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 5: Put More Woods Chips and Continue To Refill The Smoker’s Water Pan
You also have to put more wood chips in the smoker if the first batch stops producing the smoker. Also, do make sure to add only half a cup at a time.
Don’t put extra wood chips and overdose on the smoker. If you do so, it will affect your food. Also, to refilling water, I would strictly recommend you to check out the instruction manual.
Also, you should know that the water turns to the team and helps in keeping meat soft and juicy during the smoking period.
Step 6: The Smoker Is All Set For Cooking
When you feel that there is enough smoke, you can add the meat to your smoker. Also, make sure to place the meat on the top of the trays that come with a smoker.
Step 7: Keep The Meat Moist
Well, meat cooking time depends on three factors. The thickness, size of the meat, and the required temperature. Hence to keep your meat moist, you have to baste your meat after two-thirds of its cooking time approximately. For example, if a meet requires three hours to cook. Then you have to baste it after two hours of cooking.
Step 8: Don’t Forget To Add More Wood Chips During The Smoking
You are not done by adding wood chips only once in the smoker. Instead, to get the best results, you will keep a check on the wood chips from time to time.
Also, it is recommended that you only add half a cup of wood chips at a time. You have to observe how much smoke is producing and if you feel it is good enough or not.
In case if you get to see a rise in temperature after adding more wood chips, then don’t worry it is normal. And it will get back to the normal temperature soon.
Step 9: Add Sauce for Final Touches
This one is an optional step. If you are someone who likes sauce on their meat, then you better do it. Else, you are allowed to skip this part.
Well, you can add barbecue sauce or any other sauce of your taste 45 minutes before taking the meat out of the smoker. This will help you to enhance the taste of the food. Also, you will be able to eat it after taking it out of the smoker.
Step 10: Switch off the Smoker and Allow it to Cool Down
Once you have taken out your food, don’t start having it instantly. Instead, take a moment and switch off the smoker and let it cool down. Also, it is highly important that you cool down the smoker before you clean it.
Step 11: You Are All Set To Eat
That’s it. After taking out the meat from the smoker, you are all set to eat with your friends and family.
How to Clean a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker?
Once you are done using your smoker, it’s time to clean it. So the question is how to clean master built electric smoker?
Cleaning the smoker is not as complicated as it may seem. Instead, here are the 5 steps that you have to follow:
- In the smoker, the main equipment that you have to clean is the smoking rack, dip pan, water bowl, and grade supports. So wash all of the food and dart particles using a detergent.
- To remove the wood chips, you can slightly shake the equipment. And the ash can be cleared out with any brush. However, a paintbrush would be an ideal choice.
- Also, ensure that the wood chips and ash have cooled down and dried out before they are disposed of for your safety.
- You can also use a slightly wet cloth to clean the interior of the smoker, such as the meat probe, walls, and the glass door.
- Also, make sure to wipe the seal of the inner door properly. This will make sure that the seal remains efficient the next time you use it.
So that was the answer to your how to use masterbuild electic smoker question. Now go ahead and follow the above steps and see if they are working for you. Also, I would recommend you to go through the instruction manual for more information.
In case if you have anything else to ask, then do feel free to comment below and I will surely help you out.